August 28, 2009

It's 12:41 AM (EST) and I've returned from a day of shopping, New York, and The September Issue. I guess the movie should have been at the start of my day to begin this euphoric state of drive I have tonight.

I'm young, fueled, and live in the fashion capital of the Western world.

The movie, The September Issue was a great piece of cinematography that the fashion world will covet along with The Devil Wears Prada (haha). It was funny and the audience that Chelsea brings to the theater was at some points funnier than the film. But this film wasn't meant to be a comedy, it was an independent documentary and I feel that the film covered many aspects of Anna's life and career in a respectful and playful manner.

I have two days before fashion school starts and this new found inspiration could not have come at a better time. My clothes have arrived and are unpacked ready for a new stage to walk on. I don't think I am the luckiest young man in the world but I would have to say in my world I have a lot of luck at this moment. I'm young, have a little bit of money in my pocket, and have new york city has a playground; not to mention fashion school 5 days a week. This is the time for me to start living and seriously working towards a goal.

With that said, my fashion is taking great importance as well as my education and my socialization. I have an amazing opportunity that many other kids have but I'm not "many other kids" unlike most "kids" I have a drive and ambition. I see the light before the enduring moments begin and you lose sight. Many of my "peers" are more excited to use a false ID and get into New York's nightlife and be a gossip girl before starting a career in fashion. At this point I can't worry about other people with the same goals, they should be worried of me.

Good night blog.
Don't think I'm too much
of an asshole.

I think it's New York talking.

0 comments: